Thursday 10 March 2016

Exploring Expression




I decided to look into different facial expressions, and how detailed and undetailed they are. With how much emotion they can portray, if you take the two examples I have found. ABOVE, is a rather detailed drawing of a womans expressions which are very good. But below, there are very simple examples of facial expression which I am very impressed with. I've always loved the idea of 'simplicity', It lets me realise that the facial feature on my character don't have to be amazingly detailed for the audience to understand what she's feeling.
BELOW, is an example of how I feel I would want my character to look, very simple she seems to have quits a malleable face but it's not too over the top.
Anime is an example to me of keeping facial emotions simple but exaggerated, they have very set attributes in anime to resemble the emotions they're portraying which is pretty fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment