Thursday 21 April 2016

Evaluation

For my Expressions project I had to develop a scenario for a short animation conveying a change in emotion, e.g joy to sadness, frustration to acceptance. I could either choose to focus on facial expression or body language/gesture.

I felt like my animation was pretty original, I also felt like the change in emotion was pretty evident. I’m also pleased with the way my doctor looks in the scene, he’s mysterious and works well as he has no face to emphasis the emotions on my main character’s face. The style of animation has worked well to portray the way she feels, she is drawn see through to portray that people don’t notice her anymore and they see straight through her.
The sound that I created using the amnesia tracks worked well, it's times well. The uncomfortable noise that happens when the doctor appears seems to create an uneasy feeling for the audience.


However even though I like the art style is seems rushed and not thought through, I’m also aware that the narrative might not be clear enough. However because my performance is set within a mental asylum, I feel like it would be accepted due to the nature of them. I do also like how the audience can portray the reason for her feeling so scared anyway they want due to it not being clear. I felt like I followed the brief, but I could have produced something better. If it didn’t take me so long to get started. I also feel like it cuts off too abruptly at the end. I really found this project hard in terms of getting started and finding inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment